SYLLABI FOR THE ADMISSION TEST
Mathematics / General Science
Mathematics and General Science will be a combined paper of two hours duration with 100 marks for each section.
- Operations and Direct Numbers
- Rational Numbers
- Square Root
- Ratio and Proportion
- Information Handling
- Working of a Plant
- Working of Human Body
- Continuity of Life
- Atom and its Structure
- Some Common Gases
- Water – A Common Compound.
- Pressure and Simple Machines
- Magnetic Field
- Ocean System
- Solar System
English / UrduEnglish and Urdu will be a combined paper of two hours duration with 100 marks for each section.
- Composition : Paragraph / Letter / Story writing, etc.
- Comprehension : Questions based on a given passage or passages.
- Translation : From Urdu to English and From English to Urdu.
- Applied Grammar : Questions covering different aspects of Grammar, for example :
- Singular and Plural
- Masculine and Feminine
- Comparatives and Superlatives
- Correction of spelling
- Tenses, the use of tenses and their sequence
- Filling in the blanks with articles
- prepositions, adjectives, adverbs, parts of speech
- Simple punctuation, direct & indirect narration.